Difference Between Deep Cleaning and Regular Cleaning
Deep Cleaning and Regular Cleaning what is the Difference? Keeping your home clean should be among your top priorities because it safeguards your health and improves indoor air quality. It removes dirt, dust, mold, pet dander and other potential causes of diseases and allergies. Going a step further and keeping your home orderly makes it cozy and leaves a good impression on your guests.
Table of Contents
You can perform two types of cleaning in your home: regular and deep cleaning. If you lack the time or energy to clean your home, you can hire a home cleaning service. This article discusses the difference between regular and deep cleaning services.
Difference Between Deep Cleaning and Regular Cleaning?
Regular cleaning services include cleaning tasks that you need to do frequently to maintain a standard of cleanliness acceptable for daily living in your home. Professional cleaners usually show up weekly. On the other hand, deep cleaning is comprehensive and involves highly extensive cleaning tasks performed much less frequently.
Deep cleaning services cost more because they’re extremely thorough, covering every nook and cranny in your home. If it’s been a long time since you thoroughly cleaned your home, consider requesting deep cleaning services to eliminate dirt, dust, mold, pet dander that has accumulated over that period.
Regular cleaning services typically involve basic cleaning tasks, such as:
- Light Scrubbing of Surfaces
- Dusting Baseboards and Ceiling Fans
- General dusting
- Wiping kitchen and bathroom surfaces
- Cleaning floors
- Tidying up spaces
- Vacuum and Mop Floors
Deep Cleaning the Bathrooms, Kitchen and General Spaces in Your Home
Deep cleaning is more extensive. It takes much longer because it involves sanitizing, disinfecting and tidying every space in your home, including the bathroom, kitchen and general areas. Bathroom deep cleaning involves:
- Deep cleaning curtains, baseboards, shower doors, door frames, crevices, etc.
- Disinfecting knobs
- Scrubbing and Cleaning around the toilet base
- Cleaning inside medicine cabinets and vanities
- Scrubbing grout and Shower Tiles
- Cleaning limescale and soap scum from fixtures
- Disinfecting wastebaskets
In the kitchen, grease and food splatters gather in cabinets and appliances over time and become difficult to remove during regular cleaning. In that case, professional cleaning services thoroughly clean, disinfect and tidy up the following areas when deep cleaning your kitchen.
- Knobs and switches
- Grout lines on backsplashes or countertops
- Kitchen appliances
- Interior range hood and filter
- Cabinets and drawers
- Inside, behind and under large appliances (microwave oven, refrigerator, etc.) Owner must move them out and back.
In the case of regular cleaning, your home cleaning company cleans and tidies up general spaces. They dust and wipe down surfaces, clean floors and put things where they belong. On the other hand, deep cleaning of general spaces involves the following tasks.
- Cleaning baseboards and door/window frames
- Cleaning blinds
- Cleaning inside window tracks and sills
- Cleaning under furniture
- Dusting individual décor items
- Dusting shades
- Sanitizing surfaces in general spaces
- Sanitizing trash cans
- Scrubbing walls
- Vacuuming along wall edges
- Vacuuming and cleaning upholstery
- Vacuuming crevices
- Wiping down ceiling fans, light fixtures, vent covers, etc. Deep Cleaning and Regular cleanings. Both are important to maintain a healthy environment for you and your family.